All Saints, Eastchurch Church

Image Source: John Salmon


A complete rebuild of 1431, using a few windows from the previous building. The rood screen is the greatest treasure, running the whole width of the building including the aisles, a total length of 46 ft. It has a modern cresting to replace the original loft which has been dismantled. The north and south chapels are not as long as the chancel and each is linked to the latter by a hagioscope. On the outside of the church the change in stonework between the ragstone walls and flint battlements is a very striking feature. There is good stained glass of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries including a south window of 1912 by Karl Parsons to commemorate one of the first flying fatalities: Eastchurch was the home of early aviation in England



Church Data


1851 Census Details


Seating Capacity: 457

Morning Attendance: 147

Afternoon Attendance: 215

Evening Attendance: No service


Architecture Details


Original Build Date/Architect: Medieval

Restoration: -

Second Restoration: -




Contact Details


Queries Relating to this Church


To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You