John E. Vigars Kent Church Photographs
Image Source: John Vigar
An altogether impressive church with tall SW tower. Above the porch is a room reached by a lovely wooden ladder, whilst over the door is a large Royal Arms. The nave has some most unusual Norman carving, and has obviously been much altered. There are some nice little green-men type carvings on the capitals. The seventeenth century pulpit is unusual in that it is attached to the wall and prominently dated. The north – Bridges – chapel contains many monuments to that family including a chest tomb that appears to be a 20th century rebuild. It is separated from the north aisle by a 14th century screen. Two hatchments hang high on the chapel west wall.
1851 Census Details
Seating Capacity: 400
Morning Attendance: 270
Afternoon Attendance: 270
Evening Attendance: No service
Original Build Date/Architect: Medieval
Second Restoration: -
Queries Relating to this Church
To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You
All information contained on this website is the intellectual property of John Vigar © 2016.