John E. Vigars Kent Church Photographs
Image Source: John Vigar
An endearing little church tucked away from its village at the end of a lane. Originally Norman, it has a reset window in the north chancel wall, but really the character is given by the thirteenth century work given a lovely makeover in the 19th century. The south chapel, now a vestry, has some excellent lancet windows with rere-arches whilst good stained glass by Kempe may be found in the nave. The reredos, high Victorian work of the 1860s, has recently been uncovered and stuns with its complexity of colour. The flint walling may be a little harsh to some, but this is a tiny church not to be missed.
1851 Census Details
Seating Capacity: 100
Morning Attendance: No service
Afternoon Attendance: 75
Evening Attendance: No service
Original Build Date/Architect: Medieval
Restoration: 1866 Ewan Christian
Second Restoration: -
Queries Relating to this Church
To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You
All information contained on this website is the intellectual property of John Vigar © 2016.