John E. Vigars Kent Church Photographs
Image Source: www.churchcrawler.co.uk
Sadly demolished in the early 1980s, this was the best church of E W Stephens, Maidstone architect and good all-rounder. A crazy-paving ragstone exterior gave way to a studied 13th century style interior, albeit with a slightly smaller chancel than required. Not built on good foundations, there were structural problems, but it was done away with all too easily, leaving the abandoned medieval church down by the river as the sole surviving Anglican church in the parish. A few of the fittings were moved to the old church, but most disappeared. Houses now stand where Burham village’s most architecturally important building once resided.
1851 Census Details
Seating Capacity: Not built
Morning Attendance: Not built
Afternoon Attendance: Not built
Evening Attendance: Not built
Original Build Date/Architect: E W Stephens, 1881 demolished
Second Restoration: -
Queries Relating to this Church
To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You
All information contained on this website is the intellectual property of John Vigar © 2019.