Picture in preparation.


In a quiet residential road, St Luke’s is an unassuming exterior which leads into a warm and rather impressive interior. The round piers and tall east end with north and south aisles and chapels are unexpected. On the north wall is a fine old master painting of the Crucifixion, whilst the east window is a rather startling use of the same image by J Egan of 1913. Apparently the chancel was to have had wall paintings but only the cartoons were produced and are now affixed to the walls. Their grisaille effect is outstanding and they look as though they were designed to remain that way! The padded benches make this the most comfortable of churches and it is accessible weekday mornings.



Church Data


1851 Census Details


Seating Capacity: Not built

Morning Attendance: Not built

Afternoon Attendance: Not built

Evening Attendance: Not built


Architecture Details


Original Build Date/Architect: Lee 1903

Restoration: -

Second Restoration: -


Contact Details


Queries Relating to this Church


To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You