John E. Vigars Kent Church Photographs
Image Source: John Salmon
Tucked away down a path between the buildings of the local school this Victorianised church contains some good things. The reredos is in opus sectile work by the firm of Powell’s (the vestry contains a photo of the church before their mosaic was installed). The SE window of the nave is by Henry Holiday whilst the west windows are by T G Jackson. The south nave window is 15th century but much restored by the firm of Ward and Hughes whilst the north window of the Virgin Mary is also restored, most notably the face which is entirely 20th century. The church has obviously had much love bestowed upon it and continues to do so and is open every day.
1851 Census Details
Seating Capacity: No return
Morning Attendance: 65
Afternoon Attendance: 106
Evening Attendance: No service
Original Build Date/Architect: Medieval
Restoration: Richard Carpenter 1843
Second Restoration: Slater 1857
Queries Relating to this Church
To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You
All information contained on this website is the intellectual property of John Vigar © 2018.